This community is dedicated to the fandom and support of Mass Effect's own Jeff "Joker" Moreau, ace pilot of the SSV Normandy.
Born in 2155, Joker's upbringing and career have been colored by his health. Joker has a moderate to severe case of Vrolik syndrome, which causes extreme brittleness in the bones; he was born with severe fractures to his legs and, even with modern medicine, he finds walking nearly impossible, relying on crutches and leg braces.
Joker spent his early life on Arcturus Station because of his mother's job as a civilian contractor. When he was old enough to enlist, he joined the Alliance Navy. He got his nickname from a teacher at flight school, due to the fact that he rarely smiled - he was working too hard. At the end of training he was better than all the other students, even better than his instructors. "They all got their asses kicked by the sickly kid with the creaky little legs. One guess who was smiling at graduation." When the SSV Normandy was commissioned, Joker was chosen as her pilot.
1) All posts must be Joker related. This is a Joker specific fan community; if you want to discuss other pairings or general gameplay, please seek out a more appropriate community.
2) Content rated for adults must be labeled appropriately, as per Livejournal standards. When posting, there is an option in the bottom left-hand corner of your window which reads "Adult Content." Please select the option which best applies to your post. In addition, if a post contains content that is not considered "work safe," place it under a cut that is labeled "NSFW." For more information on LJ Cuts, please visit the Livejournal FAQ.
3) No advertising. If you have something you would like to promote through this community, please send a note to either sheima or virusq to request approval. Once you have obtained approval, you are welcome to advertise your community/art-sale/ebay-auction. Unapproved posts will be promptly removed.
4) Large posts go under a cut. We are all excited and we understand your enthusiasm, but giant posts and pictures tend to warp users, and their layouts, out of shape. Please be considerate and place all lengthy posts and images under a cut. If posting icons, please limit your preview to four images and place the rest under a cut. For more information on LJ Cuts, please visit the Livejournal FAQ.
5) Spoilers must be placed behind a cut. At this point in time, we must presume that there are still individuals who have not completed Mass Effect 2. This rule may be lifted in the near future, but for now, please be considerate of other players. For more information on LJ Cuts, please visit the Livejournal FAQ.
6) Give credit where credit is due. If you are posting a link to a fabulous fan contribution (fanfic, fanart, icon collection, etc), please clearly credit the original artist.
7) No bashing. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
- Anyone caught offending the rules will be warned.
- If a user must be warned more than twice, they will be removed.